St. Ailbe Week At-A-Glance
- The Angelic Choir will rehearse Sunday, September 23rd.
- September 27: Healing Service, 7:00 p.m. at St. Ailbe Parish. (Fr. Jim Marchionda, O.P. and Sr. Ann Willits, O.P. will conduct a healing service for all parish sites as we release and let go of the pain, hurt, feelings of loss, etc., as we continue our transition as a new faith community – This is not a sacramental anointing service!)
- Family Fun Day is scheduled for September 29th, 2018
- October is fast approaching so be mindful that the October counts begin the weekend of October 6th and 7th. Please make sure that you are present in Church, so that you can be counted.
- The Angelic Choir will rehearse Sundays, September 9th, 16th and 23rd.
- September 27: Healing Service, 7:00 p.m. at St. Ailbe Church. (Fr. Jim Marchionda, O.P. and Sr. Ann Willits, O.P. will conduct a healing service for parishioners of all parish sites as we release and let go of the pain, hurt, feelings of loss, etc., as we continue our transition as a new faith community – This is not a sacramental anointing service!)
- Please plan to attend St. Columbanus Parish exciting tent revival with Father Maurice Nutt. The revival will take place on Monday and Tuesday, September 10th & 11th at 7:00 p.m. St. Ailbe Inspirational has been invited to sing on Tuesday, September 11th
If you are submitting an insert for the Sunday bulletin, please only submit a black and white original, which produces a much sharper image. Failure to honor this request will delay our ability to include your flyer in the bulletin.
As of August 19, 2018, we have 169 registered walkers, who prayerfully will show up and step across the entrance line. Donations are a delight! At present, we are $14,000 short of the $15,000 monetary goal. October 8, 2018 is deadline for Hunger Walk donations to benefit St. Ailbe A01307.
The St. Ailbe Team Page is located here: https://www.classy.org/team/176391
Wednesday, August 15th is the solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is a holy day of obligation. Masses will only be celebrated at St. Ailbe Church at 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Please spread the word!
The Black Catholic Deacons of Chicago are hosting a Sunrise Mass to pray for non-violence in our hearts, families, schools and streets on Saturday, August 25th at Oakwood Beach, 41st St. and Lakeshore Drive, beginning at 6:30 a.m. In the event of heavy rain, the Mass will be moved to Holy Angels Church at 615 East Oakwood Blvd., Chicago, IL. All are invited to participate!
Daily Mass will not be celebrated in the St. Ailbe rectory chapel from July 30 through August 2. The priests and two of the deacon couples will be in New Orleans, La., attending the Joint Conference of the National Black Catholic Clergy Caucus, the National Black Catholic Sisters Conference, the National Association of African American Catholic Deacons, and the National Black Catholic Seminarians Association. Daily Mass will resume on Friday, August 3 at its usual time.
Youth on the Move is having a Youth Retreat!!! Available slots are limited
If you have a youth who is interested in a retreat experience of a lifetime, please contact ministry leader, Kianda Boyd at email@example.com.
Second Sunday of Easter
Domestic violence ministry forum
Join Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, Archbishop of Chicago, and the st. ailbe choir for an ecumenical service to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination.
Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
Holy WEEK – A journey to new life for all of us
FifTH Sunday OF LENT
FOURTH Sunday OF LENT
THIRD Sunday OF LENT
SECOND Sunday OF LENT
FIRST Sunday OF LENT
February 14th, 2018 – Ash Wednesday
The Season of Lent Begins
Masses at 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
SIXth Sunday in Ordinary Time
FIFth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Renew My Church Three Parish Townhall Meeting
Members of St. Ailbe, St. Felicitas, and St. Joachim, Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in St. Ailbe Church.
Click to Download a PDF of the December 2017 Calendar
Participate with St. Ailbe in the 2017 Hunger Walk
Join the St. Ailbe Food Pantry on the 32nd Annual Hunger walk to stamp out hunger in Chicago!
Please register to walk or if compelled, please donate using the St. Ailbe Men’s Ministry agency number is: A01307
We are a member of The Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD) and there is not a registration fee, but registration ends August 28th, 2017. Thank you!