Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time
Someone asked him, “Lord, will only a few people be saved? He answered them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate.” – Luke 13:23-24
- “Thank You” to Idella Dorsey and the hospitality Ministry for coordinating the “end of Summer Bash” last Sunday. It was a great celebration! I forgot to thank you all for wearing white for the day! The liturgy was very beautiful…thanks to our liturgical ministers, ushers, choir, and many of you expressed gratitude for having Sr. Anita Baird with us. It was an “awesome” event! Thanks to all who stayed for the fun. Let’s plan for another celebration! What do you think?
- Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 8th. ALL grandparents will receive a blessing at each Mass. Please come to church with your grandparents!
- St. Ailbe School registration is currently underway. If you are interested in enrolling your child or children, please contact the school office. Classes begin on Monday, August 19th.
- “Faith Sharing” has resumed! We meet on Wednesday in the Imani Room at 10:00 a.m. and at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome to participate.
- Please join the Emergency Food Pantry volunteers for the annual “Hunger Walk” in Jackson Park on Saturday, September 7th.
Readings for the week of August 25th, 2019
Sunday: Is 66 :1 8-21/Ps 117:1-2,/Heb 12:5-7, 11-13/Lk 13:22-30
Monday:1 Thes 1:1-5, 8b-10/Ps 149:1b-6a, 9b/Mt 23:13-22
Tuesday:1 Thes 2:1-8/Ps 139:1-3, 4-6/Mt 23:23-26
Wednesday:1 Thes 2:9-13/Ps 139:7-12b/Mt 23:27-32
Thursday:1 Thes 3:7-13/Ps 90:3-5a, 12-14, 17 Mk 6:17-29
Friday: 1 Thes 4:1-8/Ps 97:1, 2b, 5-6, 10-12/Mt 25:1-13
Saturday:1 Thes 4:9-11/Ps 98:1, 7-9/Mt 25:14-30
Next Sunday:Sir 3:17-18, 20, 28-29/Ps 68:4-7, 10-11/Heb 12:18-19, 22-24a/Lk 14:1, 7-