Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time
St. Katharine Drexel Parish of Chicago Welcomes Cardinal Blase J. Cupich!
Jesus said in reply, “Ten were cleansed were they not? Where are the other nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?” – Luke 17:17-18
- You are invited to a Mass to be celebrated by Cardinal Cupich in commemoration of Fr. Augustus Tolton being named “Venerable” on Monday, October 14, at St. Philip Neri Church, 2132 E. 72nd Street at 7:30 p.m. Buses will leave St. Katharine Drexel at 6:00 and 6:30 p.m.
- The Junior Knights and Daughters of Peter Claver from the Chicago area will gather for a Unity Mass to be celebrated at 11 a.m. next Sunday, October 20th. We welcome the young men and women as they gather for this annual event. Be advised that seating may be tight in the church, so please be on time!
- Thank you to Idella Dorsey, Kathy Wallace, and the volunteers who helped to plan our Family Fun Night on Friday, Oct. 4th. A good time was had by all! We will do this again in the new year so that more families may participate! We’re getting together Jus-B-Cuz!
- A second collection will be taken at all Masses on the weekend of Oct. 19-20 as we celebrate World Mission Sunday. Please be generous.
- The Sunday School program has begun! If your child is in need of one of the sacraments, he/she should be enrolled in Sunday School. Please see the flyer in the bulletin for further information.
- The Pilgrim Virgin Rosary Group will recite the rosary in the church daily at 1 p.m., (Monday-Friday), throughout the month of October. ALL are welcome to participate!